Monday, July 29, 2013

Week 18 - BEST WEEK EVERRR!!!!!!


BEST WEEK EVERRR!!!!!! 

Why you may ask? 

I grew a lot this week. Spiritually, mentally, and emotionally. 

This week I had to learn a lot. I had incredible interviews with President and Sister Weidman. I saw the doctor for my shaky hands (shes following up with the neurologist). I had to prepare two separate talks for two different baptisms. I gave my first training in District meeting. I went on splits for the first time with a member. I got my first parking ticket (while on splits with the member). (It is okay because I received it for being over my time limit but I was over the time limit because we found a new investigator, a Jewish woman who promised to read the Book of Mormon, and pray about it, which NEVER happens, EVER! so It was so worth it!) I read a ton of the Book of Mormon. I witnessed two beautiful baptisms. I received inspiration. I saw miracles everyday this week!

Yesterday July 28, 2013 Kevin and Kendall  were both BAPTIZED! It is the most incredible thing to be able to witness and be a part of this type of change in someones life! 

Kevin is the man I taught in the Teaching Center at the VC. It was incredible to be able to actually go to his baptism and the fact that he even lived in my mission! Yesterday was the first time I actually met him face to face! Not only was I able to be there, I was also a part of the program and gave the talk on baptism. It was an incredible service and he bore his testimony at the end which was incredible and it truly was a very special moment for me. 




Kendall is the sweetest little 11 year old girl ever! I taught her in Culver City and she had me give her talk on baptism at her baptism yesterday as well! And no, I did NOT give the same talk for both! Kendall's baptism was very emotional for me. She is such a sweet daughter of our Heavenly Father and the spirit truly radiates from her! I have learned so much from her if anything, how to open my heart more. Her testimony was so pure and truly inspired. This younger generation is truly blessed. I am so blessed to be a part of it and be able to see them grow and learn these truths our Heavenly Father has given to us! 



I am so blessed to have grown up with this knowledge. I look back and see how in some ways I took it for granted when I was younger. However I know that I have and continued to be humbled and see the ways this gospel has and keeps blessing my life and my family. I know that the Priesthood power of God has been restored to the Earth. I know that my family WILL be together for eternity because of being sealed in the temple. I know that there is a true Prophet of God on the Earth today. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is at the head of this Gospel and leads us today just as he did two thousand years ago. It was testimonies of my siblings it what I know truly strengthened me before my mission and I pray for each one of them every day that their testimonies and desire for their testimonies to grow will continue to increase just as mine has since I've been on my mission. 
















Some people don't understand what any of this means, but they can. I KNOW they can. I have seen people come to know. Just like I saw Kevin and Kendall come to know. 

It was through prayer that I was able to know these things for myself and I know that anyone else can as well if they are willing to ask God, our Father, and humble themselves enough to have faith that they will receive an answer.

Also, the Apostles are some pretty inspired men! 
I love reading their talks!  The talks on revelation in this Augusts Ensign is 
INCREDIBLEEEEE!!!!!!!! Ya'll definitely need to read them! 

I LOVE YOU!!!!

Love,

Sister Jordyn Petersen


Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen 
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.
How we park in westwood zone

No comments:

Post a Comment