Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Week 15 - HAPPY 4TH OF JULY


AHHHH!
I don't know how to start off...but

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!!!

SOOOO much has happened this week I think I'm going crazy, mission crazy, i think its normal.
To spare my email of unnecessary length I'll sum it up for y'all.

-TRANSFERS...... can I just say i despise transfers after getting our transfer call last night. I am being transferred out of Culver City. No one saw that coming, I am so sad, not only because I'm leaving Sis. Nordhagen, but because I truly love our investigators. The area has grown SO much since I have been here! So much that they split our area and are adding two new sisters to the ward. Which it needs. I'm being transferred to West Wood and my new companion will be Sister Merciales from the Philippines. I love her and I hear West Wood is great but its still disappointing to be leaving. But hey, this just means they need my awesomeness over there to get it going like Culver City! ;)  Plus Beverly Hills is in my area so I'm way stoked about that!

- Sister Nordhagen and I sawed, yes with hand saws, three trees for an investigator on Wednesday! And the were pretty thick too! We were quite proud of ourselves! :)

- 4th of July we were in the Visitors Center all day except for dinner, we went to Amanda's for dinner! Had vegan mango and vanilla ice cream for desert sooooo goood! Back at the VC after and got to see some great fireworks from our apartment after! :) Amanda is absolutely incredible and I have been so blessed to have been able to teach her! She is a very incredible and special person! I love her and her example and testimony. I'm going to  miss her!

-Amanda got confirmed on Sunday at church! The spirit was so strong from the confirmation of Amanda and everyone could feel it! And the fast and testimony meeting was the most incredible one I think I've ever been to at church.

-Sunday night was the departing fireside for the departing missionaries (obviously) and we were able to go with an investigator. It was so great and happy and sad at the same time. There are a few incredible missionaries leaving this transfer and we will miss them but are so proud of them!

-oh weird thing. My hands have been shaking for the past two weeks. so random. i know. So I had to call Sister Weidman and shes looking into it so I'll let you know whats up lol 

-Sister Nordhagen is the best companion EVER! She was an incredible trainer and I have learned so much from her! It has been incredible to teach with her and how well we work together! She's my mission "mom" so its fun and shes not training anyone else this transfer so I get to stay an "only child" a little bit longer ;p But really she's my best friend out here and I love her to death! I'm going to miss not being with her 24/7! 


Well since I'm going to a new zone ya'll should send me some snail mail. Gotta look loved ;p

There have been some tough trials this transfer but so many blessings. I know that I have been able to grow in so many new ways and my testimony is continually just exploding with knowing this is true. What I am doing is the BEST thing in the world for me to be doing right now. I know that the people here need me. I have seen that so much in my last area and I know that it will be the same for this one too. Keep me in your prayers. I love this gospel so much. I know my Savior lives and is proud of what I am doing. 

Love,

Sister Petersen


Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen 
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801

No comments:

Post a Comment