Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Week 10 - THANK YOU ALL! (hint*hint* I love cards/letters people*)

Best Morning Ever!


Is it weird to anyone else that it is only week 10? Some days I feel as if I have been here forever, yet other days its like I just got here. 

FIRST of all I was able to open my package from home today! (the rest of the way) THANK YOU ALL!!!! I was able to open it to get the cookies out this past Thursday but had to wait till today to read the letters and see what else was in it. 

DADDY YOU MAKE THE BEST COOKIES EVER!!!!!!

Thank you for the notes and card, it was very special to me! 

(hint* hint* i love cards/letters people*) 

This week has been the longest week everrrrr. I'm not really sure why, but it just kept going and going and going and going and going and well you get the picture. Probably just because our p-day wasn't on Monday. So it was a longer "week" in that sense. 

Our P-day was changed to today (Wednesday) because today was a special Temple P-day! Which made it sooo worth having a longer week. The Los Angeles temple is BEAUTIFUL! Like I cant even describe it...! BEST MORNING EVER! (sound familiar ;) ) It was really special and everyone should have the opportunity to go sometime, or make the time to go. I love the temple so much and it truly is such a  blessing to have the knowledge of the importance of temples in my life. I am so grateful to know my family can be together for eternity and that everyone can have that opportunity no matter when or where they have lived. I received a lot of inspiration today and I am very grateful for the opportunity I was able to have. 

One thing that was SO just incredible was as we were about to leave the temple I kept looking at this Polynesian looking lady because she looked so familiar. She came over to say hi before we left and it turns out she is a Keanini! Yes, a Molokai Keanini! What are the chances of meeting some distant Auntie as I'm leaving the temple. None. Heavenly Father's plan is so special. Especially how he puts people in our paths. I gave her my email so hopefully she will write me with how everyone is all connected. If someone could email or send me our family tree of our cousins and aunties and uncles and how it all goes back I would love to have a copy of it so I can tell her. I would REALLY appreciate it. 

Then after that we were able to talk to an amazing woman (Cindy) here in the visitors center for like EVER and she is the coolest person EVER! just saying. She's going to be famous and I'll be able to be like "I know her!" type of thing.

So to try to "quickly" sum up this week here we go:

-Sister Nordhagen and I are still together through transfers and still in our same area
- Amazing Amanda is the sweetest person I have ever met and is just such an inspiration to me in    
  SO many ways! LOVE HER!
     -her baptismal date is June 23rd. :) 
-miracles every day! two Egyptian ladies stopped US and asked if we could come teach them,   
 ummm I think YES!
-we were able to contact a referal we've been trying since I got here.\
-A teenage boy I contacted in the Teaching Center accepted to have me to continue to teach him and 
 accepted the Book of Mormon. 
-we have so many investigators and potentials we cant even meet with them all because of our time 
 in the Visitors Center and in our area being split. (BEST problem a missionary could ask for)
-we get new a new mission President this month :) :( I Love President and Sister Baker. 
-Temple today


LOVE YALL!

Sister Petersen


Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen 
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801 

No comments:

Post a Comment