Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 6 - I Survived the LA Blackout! (Updated 6/4/13 Photo)



(Note from Mom: I was worried since I hadn't received an email from Jordyn on Monday May 6, 2013. Then I was having a bad day on Tuesday, May 7th (It was the first anniversary of my father's death). Well, while I happen to be checking my email I get this email from Jordyn that says "I'm Online!!!"  So, I got to email back and forth to her, just like a chat. It made me feel so close to her and just was what I needed to help me through that day. The Lord knows what we need and prepares a way for us to receive it if we just stay faithful, lean on Him and take upon us Jesus Christ as our Savior. )


May 7, 2013 4:01:36 PM CDT

EVERYONE!

Tour in the Dark
So I survived the darkness! The Visitor's Center and temple have been without power since yesterday morning. BUT the power did come back on an hour ago so we're good! The Temple had a generator so they were good. But we were out of luck here though It was interesting using flashlights to give tours through the Visitors Center! It made us think more and rely on the scriptures, yet still allowed us to use pictures and whatever we had available.

One cool thing that happened a week ago is that the performing group "Remembering Our Culture" (ROC) came and performed at the VC this past Tuesday. We had so many investigators here and it was packed full! Everyone had a ton of teaching opportunities because of it!

So this past week was full of miracles even more than usual. (which is alot!) I had an INCREDIBLE experience in the teaching center! I called this referral and he answered and he said that he had read the Book of Mormon, gone to church before, and knew that everything we believe was true! I was like then why are you not a member or baptized?!? And he said he was almost baptized once before but backed out because he got scared and  didnt want to be a let down because even though he lives righteously he sees how incredible the members he knows are and didnt want to fall. So I taught him for an HOUR AND A HALF over the phone and am working with him and helping him set and reach goals to get where he wants to go, the temple. It was so incredible! AND another contacting experience, we went into McDonalds to use the restroom (Rachael remember dying our hair in one of those... ;p) and we stopped and talked to this guy and told him to come to a piano performance at the VC Sunday night if he was able to and gave him a flyer. We only talked to him for about 5 minutes but guess what HE CAME! And we didnt even know it until he came up to us afterward and thanked us! He had to go but hopefully we'll see him again soon!

AND we had one of our investigators come to church on Sunday and she could only stay for Sacrament because she has a baby and her husband was off but she loved it and hopes to come next week and she is also going to a church broadcast thing here tonight with a member so keep her in your prayers!

So this week has just been incredible and I LOVE all of you and all your emails! So please keep it up! I need mailing addresses to so if you can email me yours that would be great to send letters!

LOVE YOU!

Sister Petersen

jordyn.petersen@myldsmail.net

Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen 
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801



No comments:

Post a Comment