Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 8 - Legen....Wait for It.... Dary!



May 20, 2013 6:20:22 PM CDT


BEST WEEK EVER!
Okay I just need to say that this seriously was the best week ever and I don't even know where or when to start. This week was just so inspired and full of true MIRACLES! I wish I had time to capture them all in this email for you but I will do my best to emphasize the most inspiring parts of the week. 

First of all ELDER COOK, yes the apostle, came and spoke to our mission on Saturday morning! It was seriously the BEST day EVER, at least on my mission thus far. Our ENTIRE mission was all together and that alone is incredible but then to add our mission President's presence and the presence of an Apostle of the Lord, the Spirit felt that morning was one of the strongest I've ever felt. Not only were we able to hear from Elder Cook and his precious wife, but he shook everyone of our hands and were able to have that brief contact with him. It was so AWESOME! (you could even say legen... wait for it.. dary!) ;p In all seriousness though It was incredible. He spoke to us on many things including the hastening of the Lord's work. He also declared to us that WE (my generation of missionaries) are the missionaries that are serving in the LAST dispensations.

How incredible is that?! UMM SOOO Incredible! People that I've been meeting here in LA say they have seen missionaries numerous times and always said no, but now they're listening, and accepting the Lord. 
All those misisonaries or members before probably thought nothing would come from saying hi or knocking on a door 5 15 30 years ago, but those seeds that have been planted have grown and are being harvested in a beautiful way. And to be a part of that and be a hand for the Lord is an even greater feeling. Anyone that has a doubt about going on a mission, stop thinking about all the things you have or want to do. And think of how much more you will be able to accomplish because of the blessings of serving a mission and the people you will help along the way.

THEN that night I was at the Visitors Center and they came and found me and said someone was at the front for me. So I went up there and My Auntie Lisa from Hawaii was there with my little cousin Carys! I was so excited! AND Carys didnt know that I was here on my mission so it was a great surprise for her too. It was a wonderful "pre-birthday" surprise! It was a very sweet tender mercy that I am very grateful for. So thank you Auntie! I love you!

THEN that same night we get a phone call from a sister in our ward and we are teaching her 14yr old son who is not a member and she just called to let us know that her son had been reading the Book of Mormon for the past day and a half! Do you realize how HUGE that is!? Missionaries have been teaching him and his father  for years without much progress except them coming to church and now all of a sudden we receive this blessing. Then yesterday we were able to stop by because the Sister had a early birthday card for me, she is so sweet, and she wasnt home but the Brother and son were, so we talked with them outside for a little bit and found out that not only had the son been reading but he FINISHED 1Nephi AND the Brother had started reading the Book of Mormon too! The missionaries had stopped teaching this Brother but he's been coming to church with the whole family and had some questions answered at stake conference yesterday so we're going to start teaching him again too!
BLESSINGS AND MIRACLES!
PEOPLE THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST IS SOOO TRUE!!!!!
out of time but I LOVE Y'ALL!<3
Sister Petersen

PS

This email is dedicated to my best friend Rachael  because she is so incredible and she enters the MTC on Wednesday! (my birthday) 
Rachael! You are going to blow away Temple Square! They have no idea the spiritual influence they are about to receive! You are such an inspiration to everyone you meet and everyone around you! Thank you for your constant support! The people you contact will truly be blessed because of your determination and testimony. I'm sorry I havent written you individually but I promise I print and read all your emails and have letters waiting to send you while you're in the MTC! See you in 18 months! I love you! <3 



jordyn.petersen@myldsmail.net

Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801






No comments:

Post a Comment