Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Week 5 - I Survived My First California Earthquake!



April 29, 2013 7:27:55 PM CDT



Hi Everyone!     (I'M ONE MONTH IN!)

 I SURVIVED MY FIRST CALIFORNIA EARTHQUAKE!!!!!

It was actually last night while we were teaching an inactive couple, and I read a scripture and then BAM! EARTHQUAKE!  It was funny because it was mine and my companions first earthquake and Brother A. was like "wow, you teach really powerfully for being so new! You're words shook the Earth!" But it was only a smaller earthquake but still cool/freaky. They are an amazing family and are so ready to come back to church! Its not that they meant to go inactive or dont agree with any of the teachings they just got busy with life over the years and didnt make time for church anymore. Please pray for them, they are so ready!  I love all our families in our ward and our investigators, they are so incredible!

So this week has been incredible in so many different ways! I can't even begin to tell you all of the miracles I see on a daily basis! Everything is truly inspired by our Heavenly Father. I love being in the Visitor's Center and in my Area. They are so different yet both allow me to share the joys of the Gospel with everyone I meet. On Tuesday a Woman came into the Visitors Center right before we closed and said "I want to learn your Gospel, can you teach me?"! I was like YES! She came back the next three days for lessons and then we were able to transfer her to the missionaries in her area which happen to be our APs so we were able to get her all taken care of. AND since we taught three lessons in the VC we can stay in contact and help her along the way still as well so I'm excited about that! She is so prepared and inspired it was amazing! The Lord really does prepare everyone in different ways to hear about the Gospel, and I always heard that, but seeing it come to life is a completely new and mesmerizing  experience that I am so blessed to be a part of. There are people that truly just need me, and people that need you, so think of that the next time you walk past somebody or talk to someone. They may need you and you have no idea.

 HAHAHA Want to know the simplest way to get into someones home while trackting, knock and ask to use their restroom. Worked for me! But in my case I really did have to which made it all the better. I may have to use that reason more often if it keeps working. I'm trying to follow what Elder Scott said at the MTC "To reach a goal never before obtained, you must do things never before done." So if anyone has any random ideas to spice up proselyting let me know!!! You know I'm not shy and its the uncomfortable situation that the Lord places us in that make us stronger so give me ideas and I'll try them and let you know how they work!

Oh! and I get mail every Thursday or Friday depending on when I have District Meeting and then I open the mail on Mondays for P-day so write letters because they make my week! :) :) :)

P.S. A certain Sister Missionary's Birthday is coming up soon! MAY 22 Wink* Wink* AH! Its so weird to think about! I can't believe I've been on a mission for a month already. Crazy!
Well I love you all! Thank you for your support and your prayers!

LOVE,
Sister Petersen <3


Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801
United States

No comments:

Post a Comment