Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week 7- "C-the Change" (Updated 6/4/13 Photo)


May 13, 2013 12:21:27 PM CDT


THIS WAS THE BEST WEEK EVER! (well they get better each week so its easy to say that)

FIRST: On Wednesday we had zone conference. Which was AMAZING! Like I knew it was going to be great but It was REALLY great! If that makes sense? haha The theme for zone conference was C the Change. President and Sister Baker both spoke. They are both just so inspiring, it was really a reality check and I am so blessed to be here on this mission right now. Some of the main topics we talked about was being a consecrated missionary of the Lord and our importance. A Consecrated Missionary has willingness to give everything, every conscious thought and every consecrated action to the will and word of God.

A Consecrated Missionary:
1. Put on the alter of sacrifice ANY disobedience.
2. LEAVE or FEARS on the sacrifice alter
3. Put our romantic passions on the table
4. Give up pride
5. We put our n e g a t i v i t y and sarcasm on the table.
*"You are not just asking me to change my behavior, you are asking me to change my nature."

mini rant: We really do have to have a personal and passionate desire to do this work. Our faith and character make up who we are and what we do. There is a talk called "The Transforming Power of Faith and Character" by Elder Richard G. Scott from the October 2010 General Conference. Read it!

Also I've had to come to realize that I have to humble myself and ask Heavenly Father for help. As much as I wish I could I can't do EVERYTHING on my own. (most of it but not all ;p) It's not my "to-do" list that's important anymore, its the Lords work that is important.

SECOND: RACHAEL HANCOCK THE BEST FRIEND EVER CAME AND SURPRISED ME AT THE VISITORS CENTER ON FRIDAY AFTERNOON...! Okay sorry but that was pretty epic. No I'm not supposed to have visitors but she was in LA and I just happen to be here so it was pretty cool. I was happy to see a familiar face. I was able to give her a little tour. It was amazing that I was actually at the VC too because unless you email me and ask my schedule (which she did not btw) you never know what time I'll be here since it changes every week.

THIRD: I GOT TO SKYPE MY FAMILY YESTERDAY!!!!!! Not going to lie that was like the icing on the cake for this week to be so awesome. It was great to see you all! I love and miss you and am so proud to be part of this family! Pono, Practice hard in football. Go to seminary EVERYDAY and be ON TIME! I love you little big brother!. Keila, study hard, work on your personal progress and dont be afraid to ask for help when you need it. Goodluck with Softball and I love you! Kimo, work hard in school and always do your very best. You are so sweet I love you baby! Kekoa, dont grow up so fast! but if you do learn how to say "Jojo is the best!" ;) Love you keki! Daddy, Congratulations on being the Ward Mission Leader, remember DAILY CONTACT with the missionaries, and the training videos online are good for it too. watch them.

AND you should send me some of your famous cookies cause you love me :) are you wearing sunglasses? ;) Love you Daddykins!

Mommy, HAPPY MOTHERS DAY!(again) I love you so much, thank you for your excellent example to me and the rest of our family. You are my rock and support. I am so proud to have you as my mother. I Love you mommy!

So this week was incredible and there were so many other miracles that I witnessed as well.
One especially hit me last night. A young family came to the VC last night as they are here in Cali on vacation. They are members of the church and have two little kids. A daughter that is 10 and a son that is 4. We had them all watch "God's Plan for His Family" and it hit all of them in a very special way. After it was over the little boy said it was his favorite movie and he wanted to watch it again and again. The little girl said she wanted to be married in the temple just like the girl in the movie. The parents of those kids set a great example to them. But what really hit my companion and myself was when we asked the little boy and girl what they were thankful for and they said us because of our example for them. These are two little kids and they had such sweet spirits. They said we were their heroes and both want to be missionaries just like us one day. It was a tender moment for us all. You never know who you are going to influence. 

Well time is short but I love you all!

<3
Sister Petersen


jordyn.petersen@myldsmail.net

Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801

No comments:

Post a Comment