Monday, October 21, 2013

Week 30 - WE HAD A BAPTISM LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

WE HAD A BAPTISM LAST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!

Linda was baptized last night! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have ever been to! The power of the spirit was undeniable and so strong! Afterward when we asked Linda how she felt, she could hardly describe it. She was so happy! She said her heart felt over full and her mind was clear and at peace. It was incredible!

This weekened was our Torrance Stake Conference and it was the best stake conference I have ever been too! It made such a huge impact on our ward leaders and members. Last night we were asigned a new co ward mission leader and an assistant ward mission leader. Which we really needed! More prayers answered!!!

I was truly touched at conference by how they emphasized how important it is we start at home with our missionary work. It is so true that those around us are never going to progress or want to learn more if they do not feel the spirit. It made me more aware of what a sweet spirit there was in our home growing up. My friends always wanted to come over and we hardly ever went anywhere else. They loved being there because it was a positive uplifting environment. I am so greatful for that support I had in my family. No matter what happened my parents helped make our home a sacred place. I just wish I would have done more to help in that process. I love the steps Elder Haney gave us to make our home a sacred place:
1- Sacrifice: It doesn't come easy or overnight we must work at it constantly
2- Beautify: Keep it clean and pure litteraly and spiritually
3- Dedication/ Rededication: Make sure our homes are dedicated, if it has been a long time, rededicate it!
4- Accepted by the Lord: Make it a place where the spirit can dwell
5- Protect it: (no unclean thing can enter) Do everything in your power to keep out anything the advasary can use to enter your home.
 
We are told that at times the only thing standing between our homes/our families and the grasp of the adversary is the power of the priesthood and these dedications. That really struck me. I can see the hardest times in my life spiritually are when I was doing these steps to make our home a sacred place. It truly is a consistant work and effort that must be in effect at all times. It reminds me of a quotethat my MTC teacher shared with our district. "The future is waiting to be seized and if we dont grasp it firmly then other hands more determined and bloody than our own, will wrench it from us and it will follow a different course" -Elder Jeffery R. Holland  
We can never rest from our purpose, the opposite side won't and we can't either. For if we ever for a minute entertain false precepts, we are opening a door for satan to bring down us and those around us. This goes for our homes and our missionary work. I will not give up that time. I love this work and will do everything I can to hasten it with the Lord.
 
(I cant write alot this week so sorry if I dont respond to everyone, shot on time! I was ballin to hard in half court basketball ;p )
 
RAP OF THE WEEK:
AND WHEN ITS MY TURN TO PACK THE BAGS
PUT ON THE WHITE SHIRT AND THE BLACK NAME TAG
IF IM IN THE NORTH POLE OR SOME PLACE SUNNY
I'LL GIVE ALMA AND AMULEK A RUN FOR THEIR MONEY
 
Love,
Sister Jordyn Petersen

Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801

No comments:

Post a Comment