Monday, October 7, 2013

Week 28 - Redondo Beach - This week was great!!!!

This week was great!!!! 

AND I got a car instead of a bike! I called the APs (Assistance to the President) Tuesday night and asked how or where I should get a bike. They were like' Sister Petersen we'll find you a car. So the next morning at transfers and elder came and gave me his keys and I got a car! :) 

Sister Tanton is my new companion. She is a from Maryland near Cambridge and is here waiting for her visa for Rio Brazil! She has only been here in LA for about 1 transfer so its so fun to train her! She was emergency transferred to Redondo about 3 weeks ago when a sister went home and her companion was sick most of the time so we're pretty much white-washing it. (starting from scratch) She is VERY energetic and lots of fun. It is already the start of an incredible transfer full of miracles! Sister Tanton is such a sweetheart and has great enthusiasm for this work! We work so well together! 

President Weidman came to our district meeting this week. It made our meeting so much more productive and now we know how to help each other in the areas we need and for specific people. It allows us to be more united which is exactly what we needed. I love how he made the connections to the visitors center. That made it easier for me to transition the work for me. I now get to fully apply my goal of bringing the Visitors' Center full field! It was also a tender mercy to be able to follow him up to the Artesia building for our "New Senior Companion" meeting. Since neither of us know that area very well we have had to make lots of u-turns lol. I really needed that senior companion meeting. I am pretty good about not stressing but with some of the new added pressures I was starting to feel it more. We went over pretty much all that I was worried about and now it is just great!

I absolutely love this area! I can tell it has been prepared to hear and accept the gospel. Luckily the hardest part of this week has been cleaning our and going through our apartment and area book. Coming in on Wednesday we had two investigators that the missionaries have been working with forever. Vance who is 9 and Linda who is 68. Vance's 10 year old brother Jace was baptized last month. Vance is ready but his parents who are less active don't think he is. So we set up he baptismal interview and he passed with flying colors he was so excited! So his date is for this upcoming Sunday the 13th so as long as his parents don't change their mind then it will be great! Linda has been meeting with the missionaries on and off for two years. Her daughter and son-in law who she lives with are members and have been a great influence on her. I felt that she knew it was true she just needed to understand her feelings. She is from the Philippines and we miraculously found all the teaching materials in Tagalog when we were cleaning out one of the closets! So we have had very productive lessons with her the past three days and she watched General Conference in Tagalog! We set her baptismal date for October 20th and she accepted and wants her son in laws father to baptize her! Then we received 3 more new investigators just from tracting and have return appointments Tomorrow and Wednesday. We are also heavily focused on our less active members. There are so many! We were able to contact quite a few this week though and set up times to come back. A couple families I can see have the desire to come back they just don't know to do it. Luckily we are here for them! 

Plus Redondo Beach is such a gorgeous area and I love being able to see the beach everyday! Just an added bonus! I do miss the Visitors' Center and I don't know how long I will be full-field which is slightly nerve-racking but at the same time I feel peace because I know this is where I need to be.

RAP OF THE WEEK:

STUDIES IN THE MORNIN IS SO TIGHT
I EVEN HAVE A COOL DESK LIGHT
READING THE SCRIPTURES ENLIGHTEN MY DAY
I'M APPLYIN THEM TO MY LIFE IN EVERY WAY
GAININ UNDERSTANDIN FROM UP ABOVE
FILLS MY SOUL WITH A GREATER LOVE

Love,
Sister Jordyn Petersen

Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801

No comments:

Post a Comment