Monday, August 12, 2013

Week 20 - 20 Weeks already?!?! Time goes by so fast!!!!


20 Weeks already?!?! Time goes by so fast!!!!

This week has been quite interesting!

Irmagard went to Las Vegas and got married spontaneously! She is really excited to meet with us again once she gets back though!

Luckily our other investigator is now progressing. His name is Ben and he is genuinely interested in knowing more about his purpose in life. This week he even prayed the Heavenly Father, "the Great Spirit", AND ended in the name of Jesus Christ! This is a huge step for him recognizing Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ more than just as possible figures. 

We are trying to get more members involved in our lessons which is great when they can, but 98% of the time they are busy. We do have some more families and couples moving into the ward despite how many are moving so I'm praying that we will get at least one member who is free enough to join us in lessons. 

I have truly seen the blessings and difference it makes with the investigators when a member is present to not only support and testify what we are saying but to be their friend and share their testimonies as well. I love when a member can confirm to the investigator what he or she is feeling for them. It's like a light bulb goes off for the investigator. "If we abide in Him, He abides in us"

I also had a very special experience for me this week. I don't know it was like my own personal light bulb went off. I have truly been able to see on my mission how certain people are placed in our life for a purpose and how we are placed individually in other peoples lives as well. However, I was able to see this week that it is not just on our mission that this happens. 
A friend from BYU Hawaii came to the visitors center this week and we were able give him a little tour of the Visitors Center.  I didn't know Eric very well while we were there. However, one day I didn't have class and was at the beach just walking by myself and he was there and talked to me for a little while. He gave me some advice and council that I have never forgotten and have been able to apply in my life to help me go on a mission and on my mission as well. Before he left the Visitor's Center I was able to thank him for that council over a year ago. He remembered it as well. It was then that it hit me that he made a change in my life over a year ago and it was not a coincidence but a blessing. Afterwards I was able to think back at all (or a lot of ) the people I have come in contact with. It was amazing to see how many I didn't know very well but made an influence in my life. It is such a blessing to know that Heavenly Father is ALWAYS watching out for us and helping us even when we don't realize it.

My companion Sister Merciales is so inspiring as well! I love her so much! She is incredible!. We are really being unified. Last night we were able to give a brief tour to Sister Weidman (President Weidman's wife) and her son Danny. I think it was the best Sister Merciales and I have ever worked together teaching in a tour. It was natural transitioning and the Spirit was very strong.
OH! I got pied in the face for District Meeting! :) We have fun like that! lol A set of Elder's made all their goals so they got to pie someone and lucky me I was chosen... BUT we made our goals and the AP's were at our meeting that day so I was able to pie Elder Black. haha It was fun. 
Today for P-day our zone activity was sand volleyball at the park so finally got a little bit of sun! It has been cloudy and we dont get out in the middle of the day a lot being at the Visitors Center. 
I want a perm. Just sayin. I rock me some curls. 
I LOVE this mission so much! It is such a blessing to be working in West Wood right now, it is hard work in this area but so rewarding and I know I am being a hand in these members and investigators lives as well as them in mine!
 Ether 12:27 "27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Love,

Sister Jordyn Petersen


Sister Jordyn Kealoha Lani Petersen 
California Los Angeles Mission
1591 E. Temple Way
Los Angeles, CA 90024-5801

No comments:

Post a Comment